Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It All Comes Full (Golden) Circle


In what I think will be the last post about Iceland (probably not), this is a bulletin to the three of you following our blog (what up Suzy, Nate, and Justin). On Wednesday March 4th, Teri and I will be on the radio talking about the great country we visited last year.


Details: Wednesday night March 4th at 8pm PST, on 97.3 FM KIRO (if you are in the Seattle area). If you are not, here is a link to their webpage, where you can listen to it online, or download the podcast: http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=93


That's right, even if you are just now reding about this in the middle of March, you can go to Itunes and download the show and listen to Teri and I wax poetic about Iceland.


How did this come about? Well first know, Teri and I are awesome and everyone wants to talk to us. But also, there is a radio show in our area called TBTL and Teri and I enjoy listening to it. It makes time on the go treadmill faster, and lets me take Big Papi on hour long walks multiple times a week, while not talking to myself. It's fun, smart, and not a typical talk radio show.


Anyway they have a segment they do occasionally where listeners try and convince the hosts that something dear to them is worth the hosts' love as well. Basically, someone goes on and tries to convince them to like and use Twitter, or understand why Elton John is worth someone's adoration. Anyway, a few weeks ago they were talking about Iceland and only referencing how little fun Anthony Bourdain had in his visit on his televsion show No Reservations. Things like it's totally dark, and cold, and just a barren rock in the middle of the Atlantic where Bjork makes weird, scary music no one can follow.


Knowing differently, I wrote them and asked that we come on and defend Iceland's awesomeness. They found it to be a great idea, and now Teri and I are heading to the radio station in a week to talk about Iceland for 15-20 minutes. We'll probably ramble, and hopefully not swear, but it will be fun nontheless. And I am bringing Brenavin.

5 comments:

keith said...

GO ICELAND :)

SCHOMPTON said...

Black Death!

MTD said...

Hi Teri, Matt- Just wanted to say !!!Congrats!!! to you both on the birth of your GORGEOUS little girl!! I'm glad all is going well in Seattle.
~Michelle (Tomcufcik) Deely

McBride05 said...

Very cool! Looking forward to hearing it!

Anonymous said...

Instead...you should go on there and defend your state list! But, defending Iceland's awesomeness sounds like a good job for you too. I hope that I remember on Wednesday...because I definitely want to hear this.