Sunday, February 15, 2009

7 weeks

Tomorrow Farrow will officially be 7 weeks old. It's hard to believe she's been with us for almost two months already! In terms of her demeanor, she continues to be a great baby ... relaxed, low-maintenance and very sweet and cuddly. She was starting to consistently sleep in stretches reaching 4 hours in length, but has since started a growth spurt (I'm guessing) since she's back to needing to eat every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. It's not too bad being up with her at night since she's really so easy to please.

She's starting to coo and to smile from time to time. I'm trying my damnest to get a photo of her smiling - I have to catch her playing with Matt. He can always get to smile and it's really sweet. I started going to a New Mom's group at the hospital where Farrow was born. We've only have two classes so far, but it's already proven to be a great outlet for me. There are 10 new moms, and our babies were born within two weeks of each other. It's a great support system, and I love having a reason to leave the house once a week.

I had my 6 week check-up last Thursday, and it looks like I am healed and back to "normal". This means I get to start exercising again, and I'm really excited to hit up my first yoga class. There is a studio in our neighborhood that has a Mom & Baby yoga class, and I think I'm going to try it out this week. Hopefully Farrow will be fairly well behaved for the 90 minutes. We'll see!


No comments: