Tuesday, October 14, 2008

27 Weeks

I'm starting my 27th week, which means I am one week away from being in my third trimester. I've heard so many people say that their pregnancy felt so long, as if it would never end. I've had the exact opposite experience. It's like I woke up one day and realized that I was 6 months pregnant. And that was quite a surprise.


So, right now this kid weighs about 2lbs and is measuring about 141/2 inches with it's legs extended. I went to the doctor last week, and everything still looks really good. On my last visit, my belly was measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule, which was a bit concerning since we learned that this kid is very tall and in the 96% percentile of weight. But, on this last visit, my belly measured right at 26.5 weeks, which was exactly on target. But the heartbeat remains strong, and this kid remains very active. I'm starting to see my stomach move along with the kicks, which is pretty crazy. It's also responding to Matt's voice pretty regularly, which is pretty cool too.


I am having one pretty serious side effect to this pregnancy ... I've been experiencing terrible pregnancy rage. I can't explain and I can't control it. It's mostly directed at people who are clearly disobeying the standard rules of our society. For example: People who ignore proper airplane etiquette, people who cut in front of me in a bathroom line (seriously, I'm pregnant), and everything related in any way to Sarah Palin. What's worse is that Matt knows about my rage, finds it funny, and totally eggs me on. My face gets all red and I cannot hold my tongue. I guess, thinking of all the side effects I could have to this pregnancy, this isn't too bad. I mean, apparently I know understand fully Matt's world.


Matt and I are heading back to Missouri for a baby shower next week, and after that trip, I am officially grounded. I must admit I'm pretty excited to be forced to stay in Seattle for awhile. I'm excited to spend some time in Missouri, not only to see family, but we'll get to see some great friends who recently moved back to the area. Should be a very good time.

No comments: