Monday, January 5, 2009

The Family Returns Home

Well, we're home. Didn't take long for her to age a week. She can already play Canon in D on the piano and speak a little bit of Mandarin. Plus it is hard to keep up with her when she is always running around and hiding. Luckily Big Papi is good at tracking her down.

Teri's parents have been in town for the past five days and have been a great help. We bribed them with Grandchild time if they just made us a few meals. Everyone won. But seriously, it has been great having them out here. My parents come next week and will see firsthand and for the first time what being a grandparent is like. We still have to come up with their names.

Teri and I have figured a basic schedule thus far and aren't suffering too badly from lack of sleep yet. She's off work until spring and I am off pretty much all month. It's almost like we live in Europe (until the hospital bills come)

Teri is in LOVE with her daughter. Everything she does is Teri's new favorite thing in the world. I've become a very quick diaper changer, and spend my mornings teaching her how great the internet is. One thing we don't know for certain yet is what color her eyes are. Some days blue, some days hazel, brown, and green. Teri's hoping they settle in the blue range. She's a little jealous Farrow has my hair and skin complexion. I guess we find that out for sure in the coming weeks.

Finally, I want to thank all our friends who have been incredibly supportive. We have yet to cook a meal since we've been home from the hospital and have food coming pretty much until next Monday. People are STILL offering. I am not sure we deserve it but we're happily taking these. Thanks so much!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're covered until Monday...then, count me in for some soup next Tuesday...Thanks for the update! Seems like the Yoder household is having a ball. Kisses to Farro(w).

Nikee Pomper said...

OMG, could she be any more adorable! I cant wait to meet her

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt!! and welcome to the world to Farrow .. she's super cute! Congrats!!! I don't think I've talked to you since that time in Philly a few years ago.. have I missed anything?! Just kidding .. hope all is well. What's your email address these days?

Anonymous said...

mattyoder@gmail.com